Remedial massage is designed to relieve stress and tension, leaving you feeling revived and renewed and promotes a sense of well -being. Each massage is adapted to each individual and can be stimulating or relaxing, whichever suits your needs.
Massage has been used for centuries as an instinctive way to relieve muscle tension and to relax the body and mind. Swedish massage uses a variety of stroking, kneading, pressure and flowing movements over the body and can help with a variety of complaints or simply be used for deep relaxation.
Some of the benefits can be:
- Increases blood flow around the body flushing out waste products and cleaning internal organs.
- Eases muscular tension, soreness and stiffness.
- Improves skin tone, circulation and elasticity.
- Elimination of toxins and swellings.
- Boosts immune system.
- Relieves tired and stiff joints.
- Promotes relaxation, thereby reducing stress and anxiety.
Massage therapy during pregnancy is a wonderful complementary choice for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and help you feel your best. Massage relieves many of the normal aches and pains experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and swelling.
While a massage can’t promise that your newborn will sleep through the night, it can provide you with a better night’s sleep both during pregnancy and afterwards. Regular massage therapy not only helps diminish anxiety and discomfort but boosts relaxation as well. This ultimately can lead to improved sleep patterns.